PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 08:28
systematically

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a TRUE bit is... There have been cadets that have gone bankrupt from the CTC scheme. But now the loans have to be secured so the banks don't loose their money. ie Now the Guarantors will have to keep up the payments... mmm that sounds better? So we wont see anymore bankrupts just guarantors wishing they hadn't signed that @#$% Guarantor form.

I have to take issue with the word "anything."
Ok your right, I would like to change that to Parents will do "almost anything". Even if the children are teenage puss face brats. Most parents will be a Gurantor for their child when they want to get a house mortgage (even if it is to get them to leave home), so i don't see why a parent wouldn't grantee a child's education. But now they will only be allowed to if they can afford to pay it.

About CTC making money...
I was just talking about the CTC NZ company. Which I think is a separate company to UK CTC . The ab-initio part was set up to feed more cadets into the SIM where the money is being made. The NZ company was making a huge loss and management was going to close it unless they made a profit.

In summary, busineses 10 years ago, now, and in 10 years time will still need to make a profit in order to survive. Adaptability, change and innovation will be the key to that survival. Quality and the perception of quality will need to be ensured if the customers are to keep coming back.
Here is another scenario... Pour money into building up a quality product and get lots of customers. Then to make money cut quality and make lots more money by charging the same (or more). This will work as long as there is a lag between the manufacturing and end product. Because the QA looking at the end product wont notice until they get the finished product. So you have a window (two years training?) to make money. Then when the customers see the quality drop the company will just close the doors and retire with the money. You can also live off the quality reputation for a while.
This is how some companies work now days and which is why some companies don't last very long.

From the results I've seen recently there has been no decline in pass rates. You are making some fairly strong allegations against CTC's training standards.
In fact, you are trotting out a random bag-full of statements, some of which true - bankruptcy, parents selling things - and some downright libelous, as above. It just sounds like an uncontrolled expulsion of ranting and it makes you look silly.
You agree on my statements about bankruptcy and parents selling things, (I hope that doesn't make you look silly too) Now we will have to wait and see if my Quality statements are true as well.