PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inaccurate logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 07:26
glekichi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any other interpretation of this by operators is ILLEGAL.
Why is it then that my ops manual, as approved by CASA, states to use airswitch plus 0.1 as a rule but more as appropriate?

In my last job I recorded actual taxi and takeoff times because that was what worked best on that particular operation.

mates rates, I hope you haven't been incorrectly teaching your students that the ONLY way to calculate logged time is to measure it exactly on your watch!

This is exactly what I was referring to in my first post on this thread. The ones that get all high and mighty telling everyone how it MUST be done usually are the ones that get it wrong.

(BTW, if you are going to use that method, which is fine, when your watch says 9 minutes its 0.2. You don't need to wait for it to say 10 minutes. Have a think about it.)

Back on topic, however, I have heard of a bunch of instructors at a particular flying school beefing up their multi time (and saving money at the same time because they were only paying airswitch) by taxiing to the runup bay and spending a significant amount of time there, flying a couple of quick circuits, and calling it a day. Perfectly within the rules but sickens me nonetheless. They would have spent even less and got a whole lot more out of doing a few hours ICUS on some real operations in a PA31. What ya reckon GG?