PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 02:28
Counter-rotation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all those atending today, please accept my apologies - a combination of geography and rostering prevents me from being there...

Slight thread drift re: taxation (although it is a good discussion), I'd like to bring things back to the central theme.

Any suggestion that the company is considering this in the interests of "creating opportunities for Australian pilots" or whatever, is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - to state the obvious. For two reasons:

1) It provides no tangible opportunities (other than to be further exploited) to Australian pilots

2) Basically, they are philosophically opposed to doing ANYTHING in the interest of pilots!

I honestly thought I would never see a display of unity even close to what we are seeing here, in my working life!! Well done to all, where bitter feelings from the past have been overlooked for the benefit of the future. This doesn't happen easily, and I'd like to acknowledge it...

Good luck (but luck's got nothing to do with it, as they say! Kind of like a sim check ) Preparation, and focus is the key...

CR.