PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Altara Interviews
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 01:35
Sophia.mc.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jennylee,

my recruitment day was on the 2nd of august. i rang altara the other day to check up on the situation with references and they have only just started calling references for SEQ so we will see what happens.

to everyone else who has recently been to a RD and are waiting for reference checks, when i rang altara they said that they are going down the list in alphabetical order.....my last name starts with m so i'll be right down the bottom, and they said that as they go down the list, if all reference checks cannot be contacted thats where it stops until that person can be contacted and then they take their time to work down the list again. its really silly....damn it!! oh well....hopefully they should be done towards the end of this week!!

trying not to lose hope as i want this REALLY bad!!

although it doesnt supply benifits etc. i want this job for the simple fact of getting my foot in the door..its casual, yes, but you are allowed as many days as you like, i feel that the job pays extremely well... $21 something on ground and an extra $10 when you are in the air, so i feel it's quite a good pay they do seem a tiny bit un-organised but thats how the bigger companies work....altara have actually had to recruit more people to do the reference checks as they cannot do it themselves. i dont mind waiting as long as i get the position in the end