PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no helo transport? Are we condemning our diggers to an easy victimology?
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 00:11
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydraulic Palm Tree and others... when you cut Shadow's message down to its core, he's proposing more helicopter support be available for the guys (you!) in Afghanistan.

Are you saying you don't need or want it?

I think we all need to be a lot more aware than some seem to be that it's a natural human trait, if you're part of The System, to defend the status quo.

No one's accusing the current military of being wet behind the years. (I have to say that I was very, very favourably impressed by the baggy-arsed grunts [affectionate description] who I saw in the recent 4 Corners program on the ABC.) I think he was saying, (and as another armchair general whose only wartime experience dates from 40 years ago, I must say I agree with him), that a viable ADF helicopter support element would give those men wearing the boots that must be on the ground an opportunity to get those boots where they're needed without necessarily having to walk through otherwise unavoidable and easily-identified killing zones.

Surely any asset that gives the grunts-on-the-ground more flexibility in the way they project their force is a good thing?

(And I don't think Shadow is Bushranger 71. If he knows Angus as Angoose, I'd be guessing he's a few years younger than BD.)