PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 22:42
TSR2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philwyatt

I admire your guts for trying to put the record straight but many people I am sure will read it simply as an attempt to shift the blame for the demise of XL.

You state
I made a big mistake employing Peter Owen as CEO of XL and stood back whilst still the largest SH (part time dep Chairman) serving 1 years notice and basically let him and his army of consultants and so called experts destroy a business I had built since 1999
If you really stood back and watched your company destroyed by a person you employed then you sir, must personally shoulder TOTAL responsibility for the reported £100 million debt that took your company under, the misery of unemployment for thousands of your employees and not to mention the tens of thousands of decent hard working people who lost their holidays.

With regards to Viking, you state
My day to day involvement is minimal and only in capacity as consultant/investor
Yet you own 40% of the shares. Let's hope that your judgement of the ability of the Viking management team is better than your judgement of the XL management team.

Last edited by TSR2; 22nd Aug 2010 at 22:55.