PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Currency
Thread: CPL Currency
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 21:37
Obs cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3C,

You are correct (hence my caveat re: not having lasors to hand ). To clarify my earlier post there are 3 ways of renewing/revalidating the SEP rating.

1) Revalidation by experience - Within the 2 years of validity of an existing rating you can fly 12 hours in the second year plus an hour with an instructor in the second year. It must include minimum 6 hours PIC and 12 take offs/landings as sole manipulator of the controls. The hour with the instructor can be anything, intro to tailwheel, general handling revision, an aerobatics lesson it does not have to be any formal test.

2) Revalidation by proficiency test - If unable to revalidate by experience but still within the 2 year validity of the rating it can be revalidated by a licence proficiency check with and examiner. The format of the check as I understand it has not been prescribed, but is deemed to be more of a safety check than an exam.

3) Renewal by proficiency test - If the SEP rating has lapsed then it can be renewed through a proficiency check with an examiner. Again, the exact content of the test and the required training before hand is at the discretion of the examiner, but if I recall correctly is generally thought to be along the lines of a mini GFT.

Hope that clears up my mediocre earlier post , although I'm not sure if the hour with the instructor revalidating by experience can be included within the 12 hours experience.

Obs