PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the situation in KAL
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 13:29
cargowannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was told by someone that the alteon sim instructors/checkers taught that the company only accepts the decrab during flare method in crosswind landings. Botch that and you're a goner!

Went through the selection process recently and must state that the above statement is true!!!! After 18 years of flying the 737 classic and NG I had never flown a crosswind this way and on my 1st attempt did it the old fashion way (cause I am old fashion) and gotter on the ground at the designated spot and heard the famous "I have the simulator, Captain what was that, we do not fly the NG that way ............." So being the nice guy that I am I asked the instructor "have you EVER flown the airplane???? You do know that there is more than one way to do this right? " He told me that I had one more attempt at the maneuver and if I did not do it their way then he could not recommend me to move forward in the selection process (even though the rest of the 1:30 min ride went fine with no repeats)

So now I am through the process but I have to ask myself can I take that kind of 'instruction' where INSTRUCTION is critical and not constructive? Where there is a true adversarial relationship between, not management and the pilots but the instructors, pilots and pilots. I have worked in Saudi Arabia and India with no problem. I truly believe, they at least respected your experience. I do not believe that to be the case in KAL. I believe that it is truly a MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY mentality and I am not good at that kind of situation.

cargo