PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 11:53
57GoldTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm doing ATPL flight planning study and have one question.
What fuel is required for 'yaw damper inoperative', 'operation with tailskid extended' and 'landing gear extended' operations?
They are all listed under Section 5 - Abnormal Operations of the B727 Handbook so I'm guessing you use the abnormal fuel requirements eg. no traffic holding. But what about INTERs and TEMPOs? You don't need holding fuel for depressurised operations but you do for 1 engine inoperative. So what about the other abnormal operations? eg. yaw damper inoperative. My guessing they would need the same as normal ops except for no traffic holding.
Yaw damper inop - 10kg / nm , same as normal operations.
Tail skid extended - 11kg / nm
Landing gear - 20kg / nm

It will also vary based on gross weight and tail wind / headwind.

Read page 1-21.

3. There may be a requirement on occasion to ferry an aeroplane in a non-standard configuration, either empty or as a revenue operation. Of the configurations listed in paragraph 2, only 2(c), 2(d) and 2(e) are permitted in this operation, and special authorization is required on each occasion.

In other words that type of operation would be classed as normal ops and you would still require normal ops reserves for yaw damper inop , tail skid extended and landing gear extended. Holding fuel due to wx deteriorations would still apply also.

Last edited by 57GoldTop; 23rd Aug 2010 at 05:14.