PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 11:35
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
DtP, it was not tuc who described you as a disgrace to the Royal Air Force, but I.

StopStart (a Herculaneum expression IIRC), I have no doubt that the expressions of opinion are sincere, my query is whether they are well founded. The reason why the MRA4 has RTS problems is because like many other military fleets it has airworthiness problems. The reason it has airworthiness problems has nothing to do with serviceability, of escape hatches or anything else for that matter BTW DtP, but of the airworthiness shortcomings of such a derivative type. What the "shower of ****e" did to Nimrod and many other fleets can't be simply crammed back into the bottle and stoppered, it goes on infecting the safety and operability of the military airfleets until finally expunged. That won't be done by the MOD, in the guise of the MAA, period.

I don't seek peace, that is the NoK's desperate goal. If I seek justice it is for the best of reasons, not revenge but example so that others will be dissuaded from ever again contemplating such criminal actions. More than anything though I seek airworthiness be reinstated in the UK Military Airfleet so that more avoidable accidents and more needless deaths do not happen due to its lack. To do that we must have a truly Independent and Professional MAA. I hope you as a Professional Military Aviator can agree with and support such a cause. I would thus with respect slightly modify your sentiment; that everyone should understand that all who aspire to do so are:
professionals and aren't idiots so please do us the decency of treating us as such
no matter who the us are, providing they understand and demand military aircraft be airworthy .

Last edited by Chugalug2; 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:47. Reason: "enough of that".