PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 windshear memory item.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 11:23
channel4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply TP.

Your clean up schedule makes perfect sense to me but i'm still a little confused in one area.

According to FCTM and as I have understood, for a standard take-off with no windshear or problems etc, SRS is maintained until ACCEL ALT. If for example our THRUST RED ALT was 1500' and our ACCEL ALT was at 3000', at Thrust Red Alt when we select LVR CL we still maintain SRS hence Thrust Climb//SRS on FMA. Only at ACCEL Alt does the pitch reduce and speed increase to 250 or predetermined climb speed and we clean up on schedule with FMA reading Thrust CL//Climb or OP CL.

Therefore I do not understand when you say "CL thrust changes pitch mode from SRS to CLB or OP CLB , which commands acceleration for Flap retraction", and this is where my confusion lies if you have to bust through the ACCEL ALT in case of windshear.

Do you mean that if the windshear on climb out takes you past the ACCEL ALT, so in our case we are finally clear of windshear at lets say 4000' and put the gear up, then in this case only when you select LVR CL SRS will then change to climb/open climb? hence THRUST RED/ACCEL ALT automatically become at the same altitude?

The retraction schedule you say makes perfect sense to me, its just my confusion of when the new ACCEL ALT will be and how to achieve this!

Thanks for your help!!

C4