PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 09:39
DICKY the PIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tucumseh,
Firstly, I'm not a disgrace to the RAF, I'm an avidly loyal member of it and I will defend its and my reputation as and when I see fit, sometimes more strongly that others will like. I am not ashamed or apologetic about that. The mods deleted my reply; it's their forum and their call. I fully respect their actions. I expected it to be honest.
Enough of that though, to your recent post.
TD has become so blinkered by his thirst for revenge that he is just stirring up trouble for the sake of it. An accident in a static, non moving, piece of training equipment that is bolted to the floor has little or nothing to do with military airworthiness. His comment;
"Once those responsible have been held personally to account, then I can say all that could be done has been done. Until then...” proves he's out for revenge. OK, he lost his son, he's angry, we understand, but to post;
"Not flying yet and already the first accident, I would have thought Health and Safety was uppermost in the minds of everyone at Kinloss." has one purpose only, to be inflammatory. I wrote the SOP's and I was heavily involved in the risk analysis process for the device involved. I will not let a bitter, uninformed, cynical man, defame me or my colleagues, on this or any other forum. We are all working very, very hard to bring a new aircraft in and move forward. He is using every excuse he can to deliberately undermine our efforts. He has no idea what happened in the ASTA building, but none the less his post is little more than sniping at those involved. It is he who is targeting the wrong people not us. Being in the military, you would, I hope, expect us to defend ourselves. As an aside, as of 0945 this morning, I've had 71 messages of support for my post, so I'm not alone.
As for your post about museum pieces being robbed for spares for the MRA4 line, to me it appears a little bit sensationalist. The bits, of significance, we know about (and please feel free to tell me about items you have heard of that we haven't) are beam windows and the overwing escape hatches. They are the ones fitted to the MRA4 because it's an MR2 fuselage and those items form part of it. They are perfectly serviceable and free, so why not use them?
As for having ago at Adam Ingram and his former government colleagues....trust me we have, and still do. TD should continue his attacks on them, not Kinloss personnel.
We have so much sympathy for all of the families who lost their loved ones, they were our friends as well, but TD is bang out of order in his actions, hence he got both barrels.