PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 08:43
Kyll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I'm also a post-assessment day candidate eagerly awaiting the possibility of the October FSP. On the question of glider hours, I was told by my recruiting officer that 1 gliding hour = 0.75 powered flight hours and that gliding was encouraged, not quite as heavily as Chinook (who has some pretty interesting points) but yes it is preferred, most likely due to the old 'bad habits' argument. Also, I've heard of people with 15 or so hours all up undertaking the advanced course based on the fact that the majority of those hours were in the 2 months prior.

Just a quick question to anyone in a position to answer, I was recommended at my OSB last week for Aerospace Engineer through the undergraduate scheme. Is there a chance of receiving an offer before I attend a FSP - Engineer was my 3rd preference, pilot being 1st. And if so, would accepting that offer take me out of the running for FSP and pilot all together?

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to check before I call up my recruiting officer again.

Cheers
Kyll