PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 04:33
WoodenEye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO, using annoying industrial tactics to express displeasure with the proposed Jetstar Asia A330 operation ex Singapore, and/or whinging publicly about wages being undercut, will not be helpful.

Nonetheless, using tomorrow’s meeting to help formulate a Vision to help keep Qantas Jetstar Australian might be, and for the sake of Australia & its pilots, I trust that tomorrow’s turnout is overwhelming.

How effective any such Vision ultimately is, depends critically, I believe, on how interested pilots are in the future of Australian aviation and how prepared AIPA/AFAP are to work with our Aircraft Engineers to formulate a plan that will keep the industry as we know it anchored in Australia.

No I won’t be at tomorrow’s meeting McGrath. Am presently in the process of being refamiled on the 744 after 18 mths on the sideline. Nonetheless, have spoken to a number of people about what I believe needs to be done to keep our aviation industry in Australia and expect that my ideas will be tabled at the appropriate time and place.

Good luck! Trust all goes well and those who can attend come away feeling optimistic.