PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW PA-31P-350 15 June 2010 Crash Investigation
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 02:12
osmosis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb First Principles...

I have been reading PPRuNe for quite some time and only since June this year have I become a registered user; I have not posted 'til now.

For newcomers to aviation and crusty old fossils alike, there is a wealth of knowledge in a common interest being shared on this international network in all sorts of aviation fields. Many of these treasures are to be found in threads of years gone by, take a look for yourselves to see the depth of knowledge on here, from New Guinea to New York, from tailwheel tire sizes to turbine hot start cycles. Much of it is not gospel but merely the writer sharing first hand knowledge, belief & experience.

Newcomers, read what the authors have to say. There is much to be learned from reading, and reading alone. As a relative newcomer here myself, there have been many times when I have been tempted to offer knowledge, advice or comment but have refrained. I am not in the industry anymore but my love for it and the unquenchable thirst for more of it cannot be denied, like some of our newer friends on here.

Things get messy when threads wander and wandering pays disrespect to both the thread starter and the topic. Reluctantly, I agree with Jober; this thread has wandered so far off it has become puerile and pointless for everyone. If one has nothing positive to contribute then why contribute?

For pharq's sake lets keep all threads on track.