PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW PA-31P-350 15 June 2010 Crash Investigation
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 00:36
Jober.as.a.Sudge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by remoak
I never really understood these "close the thread" calls. If you don't like it, don't read it!
Speaking personally and in this particular case, this thread did originally serve an admirable purpose -even if that purpose might best be described as "speculation"- in a group of (supposed) professionals trying to understand why a tragedy occurred and what might best be done to prevent a similar tragedy in future. Whilst some of the speculation within the thread has been ridiculously wide of the mark, there has been discussion of tremendous value from some participants -including yourself remoak. That's why I read the thread.

Recently however, the thread has descended into the nonsensical, with theories already disproved still being touted by trolls and respondents indulging in vicious personality attacks, apparently intended to defend the reputations of mates departed -but which serve only to damage their own reputations within these forae. That's why I called for the thread to be closed.

Like you, I have little if any faith in the investigations currently under-way exposing the full truth of the matters leading to this tragedy. Their "findings" will most likely be an appeasement to their political masters and an obfuscation of the regulatory and training factors that could potentially be an embarrassment to those charged with that responsibility. There will doubtless be a scape-goat, possibly a couple for the public "execution" and I guarantee you, no-one even peripherally involved with this tragedy will be happy with the result.