PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2010, 17:54
traveller93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My, my..... what’s going on here? It seems quite a few contributors are "flying" VFR in thick fog.... Total loss of visual contact with the objective!!!!

From afar and not knowing personally any of the individuals mentioned, I try to stay focused on the matter at hand that is: defend the A320 MPL pioneer cadets (some already pilots) that believed, and paid for, that they could embrace one of the most challenging careers in the world.

It is no use talking about the crooks that initiated CIA. We all know what they did (and got away with it). We should rather look intently at the present situation and help resolve some serious (by what is "reported" here) issues.

Leave the individual personal life styles out of this discussion but rather concentrate on the professional side of those running the show in CIA.

Let’s see.

1 - A number of CIA MPL pilots (early batches) entered 5J and got good reviews for their performance. Have they continued to improve their skills with the gained experience?

2 - Some others (early batches too) went to Cyprus for their 12 TAGS and got good reviews (from the Cypriot training captains). There's even a video on the net and in this forum. Why Cyprus? Because they were not 5J sponsored.... How many of these have been employed (IOE completed or ongoing)?

NOTE: I think that these guys/girls were mostly trained before the present training management took up their present positions. Might be wrong though....

But things get very serious in the aviation world when we read reports that 5J is not happy about the quality and behaviour of CIA trained MPL pilots. Do they refer to the early or later batches? Either way there is a big problem that needs the most urgent attention from the training school (CIA) if they want to be taken seriously in this business.

Quality=credibility=$$$$$!!!

As I said in an earlier post, CIA must be responsible for the continued training of the MPL pilots while they wait for the promised jobs in the industry. Otherwise they “rust” and lose the skills acquired during the training period. “Rusted” pilots are a safety risk and nobody wants that.

It costs money to keep their skills honed? Sure it does!!! But that is the price they must pay to build up credibility and fulfil their commitments.

You cannot approach an aircraft pilot training academy the same way you do a tricycle driver school in Mumbai (or any other place). The company (CIA) must demand an appropriate performance, and monitor it, from the training top management. If the customers (airlines) complain about the CIA formed MPL pilot’s bad quality and attitude, then the training management should be the first to be questioned about the matter. If they cannot fix those problems, then they should be shown the way.....

It worries me to read this:

http://www.pprune.org/5883213-post17.html

And I honestly hope they are not hinting about CIA when they say:

“The Cadets are Mothered through the course and given all the answers to the questions so they can pass their exams,”

Sure way to disaster!!!!

Enough for today and, please, leave the personal stuff out of the discussion.... Live and let live but be serious when you work.