PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilots to ballot for Industrial action
Old 21st Aug 2010, 17:52
B747bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the last 5 years we have very slowly seen our T's and C's picked at by different managers, the more senior ones have repeatedly tried to sideline or just ignore our agreements and I have had enough of this "death by a thousand cuts". For some time now I have been totally against helping the company out. This went totally against my beliefs, but as my management do not seem to care about how my homelife is affected by never being home at weekends, never getting any satisfactory bids, always missing birthdays and anniversaries, continually being pestered on my days off as we clearly do not have enough pilots, repeated 95hr rosters and not getting over time. I can think of no finer way to voice my discontent than by giving myself some extra days off! Bring on the ballot! From what I see at work just about everyone feels the same. Which is a shame as we could have a really nice little outfit with everyone more than happy to their bit and probably a bit more when needed. But that is not the case right now.