PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2010, 16:36
rick3333331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Joseph Keisinger,

I congratulated you for letting us know who you are. So maybe Joseph, you can tell us why you deserve to be an Air Canada pilot. The reason i ask such a question is because you were hired when you were over the age of thirty.

Maybe you are unaware of the history of this great airline ???? Six Transport Canada pilots had to appear before a Human Rights Tribunal to raise the hiring age. It was Air Canada's position that once you were over the age of 27 they would not hire you. They also would not hire you if you were female, wore glasses, shorter than 5'7", to name but a few. There was some exceptions but for the vast majority their career at AC was not to be. To state the obvious, you most likely wouldn't be here.

I was one of the lucky one...I was hired over the age of thirty...as was everyone in our course and to this day I am eternally thankful. Since you don't know me...but maybe you do............many things i am but one of those is not greedy.

Maybe you could tell us why you were the exception because hundreds of us here are grateful that we were given this opportunity by men and women that we do not know.

Respectfully submitted.