PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2010, 15:55
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On another note, I contacted Aer Lingus recently asking for the reason behind the axing of the DUB service and whether it will be back next summer but have had no reply. Anybody got any news on that?
The reason behind the axing is that there's a shortage of aircraft at the moment. They're basing an additional aircraft at Cork as Aer Lingus Regional (Aer Arann) are taking over another 2 routes from Aer Lingus mainline (Cork to Birmingham and Manchester). As a result Dublin is losing an aircraft. The aircraft being pulled currently operates Dublin to Cardiff (as well as Cork to Cardiff). The MME and DSA routes are being dropped and Dublin to Cardiff is being reduced to twice daily and will operate in the old MME and DSA slots. Cork to Cardiff will be operated by one of the Cork based aircraft for the winter. I don't know whats happening next Summer. Aer Arann have more aircraft on order which I think are due next year so I'd imagine Dublin will get it's lost aircraft back then, but I don't know if MME and DSA will be reinstated.