PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger window blinds.
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2010, 11:32
SMT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was on a trans-atlantic flight last year, going East to West. About half-way across, the stewardesses take a walk down the aisle, asking pax to close the blinds. We're sat in Business-class, me at the aisle seat and mate by the window. We're both keeping ourselves busy marvelling at how beautiful Greenland is on a clear day, with icebergs floating down fjords, the snowcapped mountains - those of you who've been there will understand.

Anyway, hostie ask my mate to lower blind, to which he politely says "I'd rather not, we're really enjoying the view". Hostie insists he lowers the blind, mate says 'I'd rather not". Hosties snaps and tell him to lower the blinds for the comfort of other passengers "who are trying to sleep" to which I reply "well then they're a bunch of idiots; nobody should sleep on a westbound unless they wish to suffer from jetlag for days". It should be noted, this was business class and the cabin was full of seasoned travellers. When I stood up to visit the loo about 1/2 hour later, not a single soul was napping.

The blinds stayed up but I suppose we very much made the stewardessess' shyte list.