PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Italia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2010, 08:03
bio161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"what a load of bullsh.it"

"what a load of bullsh.it!"

Sorry that you think so..But first of all i was not speaking about the selection, everyone has his own story, we all know it!

Beside this if you think that what i wrote about the idea of being part of LH is false, then it shows you don't know the kind of enviroment they are working in. I'm not speaking about heaven on earth, i'm speaking about an airline, one of the few ones, which establishes a fixed relationship with the employee to ensure a growth in professionalism and quality. If you feel to be more and more part of something then you will work in a better way.

I would like to make you read a post of streetcardriving, in the thread about LH and the union:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/4...ml#post5790663

"...If you want to become a Lufthansa captain, there is another requirement: You are only allowed to take part in the training to become a commander, if you have an experience of at least 3,000h with an airline operating in accordance with all Lufthansa standards.

That does not mean that you are not able to become a commander if you have some thousands hours of experience with another airline. Nevertheless, research has shown, that a common culture among pilots is one of many important items to establish a safe operation. A culture is something which cannot be learned from a book, especially if you are used to fly in a different environment. A culture has to be established. This can be done, if new pilots have to spend some thousand hours with experienced captains who already live that kind of culture in the cockpit. That's why Lufthansa will use captains from its mainline until the LHI first officers have a "Lufthansa - experience" of at least 3,000h and are ready to become captains.

Once again, I'd like to emphasize, that there are a lot of experienced Italian pilots who are excellent captains. All have their individual way how to do the job - and I do not talk about any procedure violations. There are just hundred ways to operate an aircraft according to the book. If you like to have a certain degree of homogeneity among pilots, it is much easier to teach and form relatively young and inexperienced pilots than it is to make experienced captains change their way of making decisions.

Me and most of my colleagues treat foreign colleagues with respect and we all believe in their skills (unfortunately there are a handful of exceptions, who I personally consider to be arrogant idiots), nevertheless the concept I've just tried to describe has worked well for Lufthansa in the past and we pilots do not want to see it changed. Personally, I like the idea of having a common seniority list, which gives all Lufthansa pilots (LHI, LCAG & DLH) the chance to apply for all positions the company has to offer. Unfortunately, this proposal was rejected by our managers.

I know that there are other professional airlines like Emirates, who have hired pilots with various backgrounds and these airlines also conduct safe flights. There are hundred ways how to run an airline and Lufthansa Italia will apply the standards, Lufthansa has used for decades.

I hope that there will be a regular exchange between DLH and LHI pilots. It's just the beginning of something new within a well established legacy carrier. Maybe we will be united in the future.

Auguro a tutti Voi tanto successo!

Streetcar driver"

This is what i was trying to explain before.

I hope now you have it a little bit more clear.

Last edited by bio161; 21st Aug 2010 at 08:38.