PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 21st Aug 2010, 04:25
Long John Silver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear AFAP,

As a member, why have I not been told about this meeting? By doing so you are helping the airlines to keep us as divided groups, easily defeated.

What I have witnessed in recent weeks is a rare display of genuine pilot unity and a desire to preserve what little conditions our profession has left. This is one of those moments in history that we will all look back on. Its time to act!

I want a union that actively works for best interests of its members. One that has a professional, intelligent and articulate PR spokesman who actively seeks out public avenues to voice our concerns. One that does not get caught up in cat fights and personal conflicts of years gone by, but proactively looks to bettering our futures. That’s why I pay my fees, that’s what I expect.

We need as many people as possible at this meeting in Sydney (and further meetings it Melbourne etc.) and I can't help feeling your personal agendas are possibly not in my best interests, therefore I'm seriously questioning my ongoing membership.

Please show me I’m wrong.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled Member.