PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 21st Aug 2010, 01:18
Ozgrade3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its D Day for Aviation Professionals

I wont be able to attend Mondays meeting in Sydney due work commitments. However I would like to see a similar meeting held in each capital city if thats possible. Further more, I would like to see a fighting fund created to take on the management of any company who wish to export Australian jobs.

If we can raise just $100 from every pilot, AME, LAME, cabin crew, CSA, charter pilot, instructor, student pilot, we have a fighting chance to keep jobs in Australia. I reckon I can raise $1000 from my workmates alone.

We also need to get key people on side.

Alan Jones 2GB

Neil Mitchell 3AW

Dick Smith

Jerry Harvey

John Singleton

A current Affair

Today Tonight

We need media coverage, get the message out to the people thats its jobs for Aussies and safety thats at risk. We are all in it together, those in the airlines and those hoping to get there. But thats not all. EVERY role in an airline can be exported, operations, engineering, accounting, IT.

Its is time people, that we must band together as a profession, aircrew and ground staff alike,whether you are big jet driver or VFR bugsmasher driver. JQ, QF,DJ, Tiger or outback GA.

Most of all, we need to speak as one, a united voice. We want to....must preserve job opportunities for not just ourselves, but our children. If they can do it to pilots, then every other job categry in Australia is at risk.

If we fail, I think I will just throw my Licence and Logbook in the trash and just walk away.