PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 23:45
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting, probably something to do with El Al dropping down to 3 x weekly... should do well to pick up the loads.
easyJet is only increasing the schedule by one rotation a week as it has previously operated 6x weekly and have now decided to operate the route on a Friday too...

Traditionally in Israel, Fridays are Religious day and the country virtually grounds to a standstill. With very little demand for travel, but obviously easyJet feels there is market demand. This increase in the schedule is barely going to effect El-Al, as they have never operated LTN-TLV on a Friday.

Shame to see El-Al reducing the frequency of the LTN route to only three times weekly, I am hoping they are only reducing the frequency due to it being the winter season and there being less demand. Just hope its not the beginning of the end of the route...

I get the impression Luton Airport considers the El-Al route one of the crown jewellers, in their route network. With it being a full service, prestigious carrier and being able to offer onward connections to Asia, which has been quite heavily marketed.

Did EL-Al reduce the frequencies last winter? I got the impression they didn't and just reduced the capacity to a 737-800...

Also is the route used by many people connecting through Tel Aviv to Asia?

Last edited by gilesdavies; 20th Aug 2010 at 23:47. Reason: Spelling error...