PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:21
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M2dude
ChristiaanJ
As far as the APU ducting issue goes (hee, hee, not often we disagree Christiaan ) we are just going to have to agree to disagee about this, although I accept that two 4" diameter pipes (PLUS THERMAL INSULATION) might have done it, BUT I still stand by the other points.
I think we already do agree about the story that Iran Air was going to have an APU, that Rotring had already been put to Mylar to sort out the how and where, and that some traces are likely to be left in 214 and 216.

So I happily agree to disagree on the rest... between the two of us, each looking at our own clues, and with the help of anybody else who has more info, we might still find the answer!

One thought I had... with an APU in the forward baggage hold, you'd also have to take the air intake and exhaust through the pressure hull, and provide sound and thermal insulation for the entire APU itself.
From a design point of view, I'd have gone for the same location of the earlier pseudo-APU (the MEPU), and then solved the remaining problems from that starting point.