PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Helicopter pilots.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 18:58
Hell Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is NOT for Non-PC Plod, Gordy or Whirlygig .. but for the rest of you, and I'm gonna pretty much repeat what I already said!

I invited PPRuNers to contribute photos of our sisters from around the world because in addition to appreciating the beauty of some of our kin I am among the millions on men still alive who, during their career, have fought for women. That fight has always been well rewarded in that the people I have supported and promoted have made me proud and as a result have strengthened my commitment to the cause as it were.

For those 30 and below this may seem arcane but there are those of us who were among the first to train, recruit and promote women pilots and for us old geezers we still get a kick out of seeing our sisters progressing and improving their place in the industry.

Don't worry - we'll soon be gone and you'll be surrounded by the likes of young Gordy's and others who couldn't dream of posting a thread with the word 'woman' in the title!

Finally - on the red blooded issue; you can make it illegal for men to be fascinated by women but, for as long as this ball is turning, you won't ever stop it .. its a part of what it is to be a man and, if you've got style and panache and sensitivities .. the sisterhood love it. They love it when they're admired and appreciated .. as professionals as well as women!

HM