PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes you feel better after "thanks but no thank!"??
Old 7th Aug 2002, 09:54
cabinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like you smile I use to spend many nights agonising over what I could have or couldn't have done better in the interview - why me ! why can't I get a job offer !

I would sulk for about a day, then start madly sending out resumes again to every airline that I thought I could have a chance with. Actually, I have a manilla folder that I have kept since I was 13 years of age with full of all the letters I have received from the airlines since I was a young kid wanting to be a flight attendant. I use to write to them and tell them how I wanted to be a Qantas/Ansett/Australian/Compass flight attendant and they used to send info and nice replies back.....it was these letters that I use to look at over and over after a rekection letter to keep me motivated - tacky maybe ? but for me it worked, knowing that it was a challenge that I was not going to give up on.

I have always said - " chase your dreams and don't let anyone get in your way "

I've been blessed to be employed by a QF regional now and let me tell you that all the hassle was definetley worth it.

Keep Smiling
Cabinboy