PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 17:03
Ben178v

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you surprised by the reply? Do you know how frustrating it is reading drivel on here from people like he says do a little research. Yes some people hate PW/Viking/XL etc etc. But everyone who works at Viking does so to keep current, keep paying the bills and keep their family together. There are people at Viking who probably feel the same but having morals at the expense of your family by either having to live abroad and commute back or be out of work is not for everyone. Regardless of where any profits go the main thing is to provide for yourself and family.

As for people posting on here that they hope the company goes under. Words fail me. If that were to happen the money men wouldn't lose their house and car just a business. The knock on effects for the workers however would be far more outreaching. Fathers being on a different continent to there kids, bankruptcies, strained marriages and so on i'm sure you get the idea and to wish that on someone that you don't even know? What a great person you are and hopefully I never have to sit next to you.

And yes I do work for Viking they gave me a job and brought me back from Nigeria and everyday that I go to work I do the best that I can for them and i'm proud to work there.

You will also know that like most of the spineless on here I don't hide my name anyone that works with me knows who I am it is also my hotmail address. It might be an idea for some of you out there to do the same. It would make you slightly more accountable for your words and perhaps you wouldn't post so thoughtlessly.

As for Viking they employed full time pilots and summer contractors. No full time pilot redundancies and there is a plan afoot to give the summer connies some work. Not sure we can ask for more than that in the present climate.