PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humberside Issues, from Bad to Worse!
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 13:31
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wsp, you're ignorance is quite unbelievable.

Do you think chc would have behaved differently if the roles were reversed? I don't think so. The cold hard facts are it all comes down to money, in any industry.

Pilots worrying about redundancy, while they are living in a £400k+ house, kids in private school, long haul holidays, two nice cars, wife doesn't work.... If you get my drift?

(I'm not saying you are like this, it's just an observation of some pilots)
Observation by you perhaps?
I was led to believe that CHC/Bristows carried out a relatively pain-free TUPE transfer with SAR? Is this or is it not correct. ? I don't know, it's just what I heard.
A lot of this present uncertainty could be because of the possible short notice given to the winning bidders re contracts?
Please remember some of us at Humberside are not Captains, a couple of us also paid £30k+ for an IR at the same time others had their IR's paid for, kids in local village school, 2 cars yes, my cars are 10 yrs old, and 3 yrs old. Wife works full time. £400k house I wish! You get my drift?

basically this whole issue affects us all. Yes it does all come down to money, and management, but it still doesn't change the fact some of us are still waiting to find out if we have jobs in 10 days time, to pay for those amazing luxuries you so ignorantly bleat on about!

If you don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you take a back seat and keep it buttoned pal!