PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 20th Aug 2010, 11:28
fly2AK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys have been fined for being sick on a day off and the more days your sick on off days the more days will be docked pay from your base pay. Lets not forget the guys who were called on a day off to come into work and were docked a days pay for not being available on a day OFF because they didn't answer their phones. The next year will be a trying year for most of us and I think next year FD will have a hard time staffing even half of their fleet do to the mass exudus that will probably happen. The attitude of this operation is like one I have never seen. Rosters are the worse I have ever seen and seem to be very vindictive the benifits are not great, the flying is little and at horrible hours, staff travel sucks, Dubai is very expensive so trying to save money if you have a family is difficult at best, safety department is a toll of intimidation, upgrades - well after they have determined the blood type of your 1st born they may consider letting you plea a case why you are worthy of being selected for upgrade and that movement has gotten very quiet and no one has upgraded yet. I honestly don't know anyone that is happy here and right now seem to be in a holding pattern waiting to get out and very few seem comfortable but I haven't met anyone that is actually happy other than managment. If you come here knowing the problems and concerns of those who are here at FD then you are just punishing yourself. If you have a job in your home country I would stay and not even think that this is an opportunity. The only opportunity you will have coming here is the opportunity of regret.