Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 11:08
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excrab
we don't see PPRuNe covered with threads titled "BMI bust"
- if you look back at the original post (#233) you will see why (logically) the original thread was so titled and why your comparison to BMI is invalid. It is, however, regrettable that mod action was not taken sooner since I and many others deplore these 'scare' threads about airlines. Of course, sometimes they do prove correct and I suspect that anything that gets within 100mls of PW may well 'encounter problems'.
Originally Posted by Albert
Goldtrail Travel collapses a couple of weeks ago having made payments for all of its flying to Meridian Aviation before it ceases trading. A strange thing to do for a company about to cease trading.

Meridian Aviation is run by PW's brother and places most of its flying with Viking Airlines, which is part-owned by PW's investment vehicle, the name of which is inspired by a pirate ship (at least that's honest).
- that I did not know. It is to be hoped that some regulatory oversight happens here.

For those into inhaling odours of the genus Muroidea (that'll get you Googling...) it may be interesting to plough through the closed thread on Globespan to see the occasional 'glancing blow' of the words Viking and Viking Hellas and Greek-Cypriot owners and Icelandics and PW and ............................ The trail ???????????

I think that unless I was desperate for a job I would look very closely for certain names on the company list.