PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: APNG Twin Otter Missing
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 10:30
Che cows with guns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with with the above post. It never ceases to amaze me the drivel that comes out of PNG. I think it is interesting that all these merger comments and talks of imminent collapse come when A/PNG have just launched a very smick ATR-72 into the system. Air niugini are you scared of a little decent competion? Tired old dash8's, at A/PNG? I remember most of yours arriving in 1997 and then on. Yes A/PNG's are old but very well maintained by great engineers, with stacks of experience.
It would have been a very expensive exercise bringing the ATR-72 into service, and no doubt this would have placed a great financial burden on the company. I imagine that the old cash flow at present would be a worry. But they did it. LGL love it and it is a good example of a company that is not scared to think outside the box. From here I should imagine more will come. Remember A/PNG was is essentially a G.A operator a few years back with nothing more than a couple of B1900's and two very tired old Dash8's. They now have nearly all the lucrative mining work. The mining companies love them they do the job well and safely.
To rumours of merger and imminent collapse I say bollocks!
I agree with Craven perhaps Air Agony and A/PNG are looking at joining forces on the Cairns POM run to stave off QF and their foray into the market. It would make sense to me.
Cheers