PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 07:57
TRey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the sad part

Arik had the potential to be the very thing they set out to be. a leading class airline.

in the time there i worked within the system to get stuff done with the limited resources and normal "obstacles". but there were many brilliant people there who fought day in and day out to make happen, the vision of a leading airline. even had that real nice article in Airliners magazine. the sad part is that it really had a chance to become something better than what it is/becoming. many extremely talented people were never given the freedom to get things right for IOSA, NCAA.

what I can tell you is that almost no one complaining on here ever spent a day in fltops working to keep Jepp from pulling the plug or process pilot reports or working on anything. most scoff at you when you were in the office writing manuals or analyzing fuel burns or trying to argue for Flaps 1 data to be used. so just remember that a lot of talented people tried hard to keep things going in a direction forward until management caught up.

Arik could have been great, we were all sold on their ambitions. but when organizations are left to their own devices, interesting downhill trends seem to take over when particular politics are being played.

Capt5 Stripes......he did manage something that no one ever imagined A 5N reg A330 . quite a feat giving the challenges faced by him

Tony Williams- that one captain?.....she is a BITCH, good on ya mate!

yes i worked there!