PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 05:48
GoForIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys... appreciate it! I am wondering about how healthy it is to be in Ethiopia?
Probably not.

I have heard that some crews on the Dash have to do stand up overnights in the countryside out of ADD... and that is in the menegitis and malaria belt... what are the experiences so far from the guys down there already? We almost lost our child a few years ago due to menegitis... it was really close and I don't want to go through that again given that some people can be a carrier and not affected by it.
I know nothing about Dash flying.

What is it like there? How is the hygene in ADD?
The city is filthy. I eat in restaurants a lot, and you can find many with good standards. But there are many places I wouldn't eat.

Are you guys buying bottled water for drinking/teeth brushing etc?
ABSOLUTELY! Bottled water is cheap.

Some of these questions sound silly coming from an old African like me, but after going through what we did before I am asking before commiting to anything so any insight appreciated. Thanks.
Cheers
6to8
.... I am not expecting much of reply as most people of the modern age travel first and then ask questions... but for those who are in country please share your experiences and thoughts on the subject!

Living in a country like this requires a spirit of adventure and a sort of relaxed fearlessness combined with wisdom and prudence. Personally, I'm enjoying it, but I also assume I won't be here long term. Maybe it isn't for you. If you're worried about it, don't come.