PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 20th Aug 2010, 04:55
PaulDamian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hours to get into traineeship

Without going back and reading 55 pages of posts:

How many hours do (successful) applicants tend to have for entry into the QL Traineeship?

I get the feeling that a CPL, with ATPLs passed and 300 hours is still going to be an outsider, perhaps a dreamer - but in any event in the company of a whole lot of other people with the same attributes.

I understand that some successful applicants to the Traineeship mgiht exceed the minimum time requirements for direct entry FO - 700 hours.
And - that the DE FO tend to have about twice the minimum requirement, 1500+hrs.

I appreciate that at the end of the day its basic economics, supply and demand, so the volume of applicants tend to rule the outcome.
However, I find it strange that, once you get accepted and onto active hold for a position, others getting onto active hold can still jump you as a result of their hours and experience. Until the Dash 8 training, it all seems to be a moveable feast. I suppose that the $18K ground school won't be useful for any other opportunities with other carriers.