PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Helicopter pilots.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 04:53
Hell Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It must seem very patronising to the female pilots reading this thread, the number of perfectly well-meaning posts feeling the need to "defend" female pilots, and saying that many of them are actually fairly capable. The fact that anyone feels the need to say this shows a latent prejudice, if they really think about it."

Yuh!, I've thought about it .. and come to the conclusion that its a bunch of cr*p!

I belong to the generation which has had to fight for women's equality (especially in the workplace) and which I've been doing since I left the Army. I guess by the next generation topics like this will be meaningless but, for now, I'm gonna continue to celebrate the sisterhood in my profession!

Truth is (and I've found this to be so without exception) our sisters enjoy our appreciation of their presence - they still want to feel wanted and accepted and I for one ain't gonna deny 'em that.

Now - back to Chopper Chicks!

"This seems to be drifting into a female heli pilot pin-up concern!"

Damn, that would be cool .. maybe we can even come up with an alternative calendar for 2011!

MartinCh; we've got a heap of hot helo chicks in the US and which is why I was suggesting PPRuNers to post details of the sisters from around the world .. maybe a female Chinese Army pilot or a Brazilian Police captain! Anyway, I've included Stacy for you (below).

The only contribution so far (with photo posted) is Plank Cap's wife but .. no details. Does she fly for fun, commercially .. does she fly radio, forest fires???

Let's see the best there is from around the world!

Bell 430 N901RL of Elite Aviation at Los Alamitos for Van Nuys crewed by Tracy Glatzhofer (left) and Stacy Sheard with the crew indicating their intention to light up no.1 engine

Stacey Sheard over downtown LA in the 430

HM