PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Deck Announcements - To Passengers
Old 20th Aug 2010, 03:29
jfkjohan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear L'aviateur & DutchBird-757,

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts as well. Yes will most definitely add a slide in my presentation about not using "negative" words (ie. bad etc).

As professional pilots, would you believe that being "cool" or "hip" over the PA be a tad bit more ahead of its class/time or rather inappropriate? This is with efforts to reduce words and sounds more "in".

Example:

"Hey guys, its your Captain." as opposed to "Ladies & Gentleman this is your Captain Speaking".

Also,

"Hi again guys. We are early by 15 minutes. Hope you liked the ride! Do fly with us again soon. Oh and did you know we have added a few more places that we fly too? do check out our website for details its XYZ.com" as opposed to;

"Ladies & Gentleman this is your Captain speaking again. We expect to be landing int he next 15 minutes which is ahead of our planned schedule. My flight team and I trust that you have had an enjoyable flight. For more information on our other destinations please visit XYZ.com"

I guess where i'm coming from is trying to set new standards or "norms" then what has been said and/or done over the past god-only-knows how many years!

Then of course, comes the debate, being human and all, are we ready for change?

Your thoughts please.

Regards,
JFK.