PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 19th Aug 2010, 16:02
Chrisdaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the general consensus about the following:

I received a letter from cranwell saying that i should "re-apply in 3 months" because I am "temporarily unfit" for selection (quoted from the medical letter i received). However I have started training and have been pushing myself again, and am near the fitness that I was before the op.

I rang my afco and argued this, and they've managed to keep me in the pipeline, but defer the phonecall to get a date from cranwell until november 1st. This is incredibly frustrating as I am at 95% fitness now, and can easily beat the targets set for the fitness test.

Is it worth me ringing early september to push my luck to get a date for cranwell, as it is between 6-10 weeks waiting anyway, which would take me over the 3 month "unfit period" that cranwell seemed to have dropped me in. Or should i get a doctors note to try and back it up?

I'm worried because the defence review is in october, and who knows what could happen, and i'd like a chance at OASC at least

opinions?