PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 15:52
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viking Bashing

Quite frankly I am appaled by all of the ridiculous and unfounded comments made on this subject, especially by aviation employees. In a world where this industry has taken a monumental bashing you still see the need to add fuel to the fire and instill even more fear and uncertainty amongst the public to existing airlines.
I have remained silent long enough on this topic and now feel the need to speak up. With regard all of the comments concerning PW, all of you seem to forget that by investing in Viking and the UK arm he has helped provide jobs for many over the last 21 months and help keep families together because of those jobs! A fact for which I am extremely grateful!
Viking is NOT bust but simply has to reassess its structure in a difficult market. There are many other companies doing the same at the moment but unlike some I will not name names. It has been a very tough year and certainly not helped by two of their customers going bust but they are not the only two customers on their books!!
May I suggest that if you have nothing useful to say then say nothing at all.