PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying RT
Thread: Annoying RT
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 15:11
Kiltie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC what if the controller said "after the landing Easyjet....", would you still read it back as "after the landing aircraft..."? I still don't understand why you would want to create a deliberate Swiss Cheese hole by intentionally reading back a more vague instruction than you had just received.

PaulW I too am a member of the anti-"Copied" club though we are a very small community. The correct answer to "G-CD clearance" (or similar) is "pass your message" not "ready to COPY.....ie Breaker Breaker One Nine what's your Twenty?"

CAP413, as you say, makes reference to using just your callsign in a transmission to acknowledge information. But as we have all come to realise over the years, even though CAP413 is in its 50 millionth edition, it still contains utter, utter rubbish that contradicts much of the Manual of Air Traffic Services. CAP413 must be the all time greatest CAA Publication from the Dept. of Not Really Interested.

In such a situation I continue to use the phrase "Acknowledged, G-CD." Many years ago ROGER stood for "message received and understood." Some years ago it changed to "I have received all of your last transmission."

What does it mean now out of interest?

Oh and by the way, Transavia B738 in CHQ on Tuesday morning, what an utterly massive c**t you sounded on the radio with your laid back "style" of RT. Why do you think the Greek controller asked for a second readback of "1234 IN THE BOX" as you so put it.....twice in succession? Does not saying the word SQUAWK make you cooler than the rest of us? We followed you north-westbound and had to listen to your "COMING DOWN" crap much of the way home.

And I agree with Oiga using local names for VORs is a pain in the neck. The UK is just as bad though asking foreigners to route to places like Stornoway when they haven't a clue where that is. There is rarely any doubt as to the location of Sierra Tango November though.

A previous poster mentioned a German airline begins every readback with their callsign at the beginning of the transmission. Having read this on Pprune and went flying the next day, I noticed every German callsign was doing it........another new annoyance to contend with! Bah!!!

Last edited by Kiltie; 19th Aug 2010 at 15:31.