PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 12:26
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingspan,

My hammer is safely in the toolbox so relax.

BALPA represent pilots working for British companies (BRITISH airline pilots association). They would not be a lot of use or even be willing to get involved in a company registered in Portugal, owned by an American and with god knows how many different nationalities amongst the crew. I doubt the crew themselves would be too thrilled.

You are correct in that BALPA have professional negotiators separate from the crew and your other points are valid. (Not too sure about the Volvo, I'll have to scan the LOG again). I have no argument with BALPA as an organization I'm still a "country club" member in fact, my differences were with individual company councils and certain individuals on them. They are answerable (in theory at least) to the BALPA main board. Skyshare seem to be answerable to no one but themselves.Yes I know the members dictate the policy but who voted for the current board members? Anyhow I don't want to get into another unholy row. I wish them well even if they don't have very charitable feelings towards me. At the end of the day, tactical differences notwithstanding, we all want a successful company so that we all share the rewards that go with it. At least I hope so.

As to the legal cost question, well, that's down to them and their membership. You make your bed and lie in it. Lawyers do not as a rule come cheap and I bet BH have some pretty fancy ones.