PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 08:02
3REDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume some people on here will be thinking that I am jumping with joy at this latest news regarding Kiss Flights and Viking Airlines being a former XL pilot but I am not.

I am however very angry at how criminals like Phil Wyatt et al can do this twice in as many years. Surely questions now need to be asked at the highest level.

I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed that it's all very convenient to go bust at the busiest and the most profitable time of year after thousands if not tens of thousands of deposits have been paid.
No point going bust in the winter with just a couple of hundred deposits in the bank BUT this is exactly the time you would expect a company to go bust when cash flow is very tight and not at its busiest time of year unless foul play is involved.

I don't care about posting what some would deem negative points on here to try and prevent a self-fulfilling prophecy as I truly beleive that if the public had been made aware of the links between XL Airways and Viking Airways that this airline would have died long ago. Oh and just for the record so did Phil Wyatt when he decided to take the SECRET 50% stake in Viking just six months after the collapse of XL.

Oh and the ex XL guys and gals who are now with Viking I'm ashamed to say that I really don't have any sympathy for you (once bitten twice shy and all that) the people that I have a great deal of sympathy for are the poor buggers that Wyatt et al have screwed out of yet ANOTHER holiday.

For those that are not aware of the facts:

Viking Airways = Re birth of XL Airways bankrupt Sept 2008
Kiss Flights = Re birth of Freedom Flights bankrupt Sept 2008

I suspect very soon we will all be seeing Wyatt crying on TV about how it was everbody elses fault that Viking is no more, I just hope that this time he's taken some acting lesson for this years upcoming performance.

Never mind... for all you Wyatt fans out there he will be back next year you can count on that.

In fact I think we should have a little competition and lighten the mood in here a little..... who can guess what Wyatt will call his airline next year.... I'll start,
Kiss your money goodbye into my XL bank account airways

Last edited by 3REDS; 19th Aug 2010 at 08:22.