PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Casual Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 06:22
avigirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm, Digging the Dirt, there a lot of older casuals there as well, some have previously worked for companies like Virgin, Qantas, Easy Jet, American Airlines as c/c, so they aren't all young with no life experience. How much did you have when you joined anyway?

They pass the casuals, anyone for that matter because they are desperate. Pass rates of 90%+, well its not hard when the multiple choice answer is so obvious.
What rubbish,the casuals have to be even smarter and more switched on as they have to absorb a six week course in three and still meet the same standard as the course syllabus is CASA approved and cannot be circumvented.They are doing 12 to 14 hour days and still have to eat sleep and study.

Online the lack of experience and JQ training shows. You will see a casual standing in the back galley the interphone will go off and no reaction at all, Same for call bells. I feel sorry for the poor CM who will turn up at sign-on and realise they are flying with 3, 18-19yr olds who have just been checked to line.
So I suppose you were just the perfect flight attendant on your first couple of trips never a mistake always on the ball, what a hero.

I must admit the casuals have a wealth of knowledge of basic ep's during breifing It's when **** hits the fan inflight that I think the real issues will arise, that is lack of work and life experience.
Again what rubbish,you THINK the real issues will arise etc, you don't really know. You are drawing on your whole two years experience to make this very subjective judgment. I have seen some highly experienced c/c lose it when the pressure is on. It is all to do with personality and mental strength not lack of work or life experience.