PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What news on the vote?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2002, 02:09
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankie baby you are one person I have encountered who is never right. But you still blither and bully on regardless. The 49ers are martyrs to union stupidity and were hung out to dry by union management. That same union could easily have had all or most of the 49ers back at work months ago but at their arrogant misguided best left them on the line instead. This is after the positions of the 49ers were filled by their AOA card carrying colleagues. As a token they placed a 'ban' on hiring new people to fill legitimate vacancies caused by expansion and aircraft return. Why the IFALPA supported the 'ban' remains one of lifes little mysteries, as I have said before IFALPA will regret that decision. Now ND gets back with around 38% pilot support and immediately goes to print threatening more radical industrial action, and get this, this industrial action will 'involve junior pilots who had the most at stake because they were furthest from retirement'. Newsflash junior pilots - you be identified as part of increased industrial action and you won't be far from retirement at all and the same A scalers who let the company have its wicked way with B scales will still be laughing all the way to the bank. Sadly it's now almost too late for the AOA. I might have to start an alternative union based on democracy, communication with only allow members with IQ's greater than their age.