PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - kenya airlines 737-800 missing
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 00:46
flyawaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenya Airways 737-800 missing

777 Heavy,

First of all, some of my comments were based on rumours by the Kenya newspapers and KQ staff speculation. We get informed by what we read from the media, respective company staff or from threads here. Rumours cannot be facts, although it is often said, that there is always a grain of truth in rumours. We deal with a lot of it here at PPRuNe. I must say I really like reading what pilots write here, because some things you don't get to hear elsewhere.

This is not personal, but was merely replying to Skylion's comment about the training and experience of KQ pilots. If you go back to my comment you will see that I seem to know that there are very well trained and experienced KQ pilots ex-EAA. an airliner i worked for, sometimes back. Any pilot of whatever race with good training and good experience can master flying very well. There is a saying that goes "Experience is the best teacher". This is very true but good training is also required. I believe this is very sensitive where pilots are concerned considering where they are operating from and involving many passengers entrusted in their capable hands and sober minds.

I don't remember talking of KQ sacking anyone.

About of the captain of the ill-fated A/C being called back by KQ CEO, this was speculation from the KQ staff, otherwise it won't be easy to know such internal details.