PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - final approach technique: pitch vs power
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 22:21
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christ if I can get the Pink Aviator landing consistantly using Pitch for speed it can't be all that hard.
How do you know they were using pitch for speed. You told us earlier that you can't tell the different between the two when an approach is flown as you have taught.

2 hours in the circuit then solo - why the rush to solo?

How do you cover the normal circuit, glides, flapless, efato's, recoveries from bounces and baloons, go-arounds properly in 2 hours which is probably 1 hour 40 in the air? never mind how you can fit the various pre-flight briefs in.

I think that you have been reading too much from the patter manual:

Instructor Demonstrates Glide Approach

Student Practises

"Good, lets move on"

Instructor Demonstrates EFATO

Student practises

"Good, lets move on"

In the real world it runs more like - Instructor demonstrates / student practises and makes mistakes / instructor either provides verbal instruction / stiudent does a bit better / student practises again and agin and they get it right......werl done let's take a break.

---------------

Anyone know an operator who permits base checks to start or continue when there is windsheer?

Oh lovely, lets get these guys straight off the type rating course and put them in the circuit with some extra challenges. Silly me for thinking that a TRI/TRE always complies with the Part D and the specified limits on VMC, windspeed, crosswind, gusts and turbulence. Not to mention the prohibition on anything unusual in the base check.

Talk about living in dreamland?

You are entitled to your opinion regarding pitch for speed vs point and power so you don't need to put in all this extra rubbish which detracts from your argument.

Of course you can't answer what I have asked about your pitot failure comments, NPA comments and so forth so in the presence of silence from you on these matters I rest my case as they say!!!!

Last edited by DFC; 18th Aug 2010 at 22:34.