PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Office 2010 Outlook no sync with Nokia???
Old 18th Aug 2010, 21:47
Nightrider

Office 2010 Outlook no sync with Nokia???

Recently decided to invest in Office 2010 Business edition. Download and installation without any probs, Outlook imported all emails and addresses with calendar as the tin promised.

Used to sync my Nokia mobile(s) with Outlook as this was a perfect backup solution as well as having all necessary details where I needed them.

Since the upgrade the Nokia PC Suite does not find the data file anymore. Error message shows: Error and a blank field.
Trying to create a new sync setting offers to sync with Microsoft Outlook and various Lotus versions, the MS Outlook file, however, cannot be found as failed to initialize Outlook shows up.

De-installing PC-suite, downloading latest version, installing, same result. Nokia is trying to convince customers that the optimum choice these days is OVI, so downloaded this one, installed, configuration not possible with same result as above.

Mr. Gates announced his retirement, my one is not yet due, means I need to get this working again. Ms people are quiet (apart from the usual docket raised....) and the Nokia staff cannot help as this is most apparently a MS issue.

Anyone has had same problems or even success with the upgrade of Office? Need to find the culprit, cannot even "force" PC suite or OVI to use the correct datafile...

Thanks for any input.