PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 TRTO progamme with Airborne pers
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 21:44
Puppeteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could anyone, who have worked in Saudi for AAI, tell me how it works over there. I have noticed that there is no salary taxes in Saudi, but how is it with the social charges? I will move away from my present country and will not be subject for the taxes and social charges there.

It has little to do with which country you work in and more which country you are from. If you are "mantalsskriven" in Sweden and spend more then 6 months and one day outside of Sweden you pay taxes in the country where you work. If you spend less time than that you will have to pay taxes in Sweden. Thus, if you live in Saudi you pay taxes in Saudi (i.e no taxes). But if you're a contractor that spends the majority of your time in Sweden, you pay taxes in Sweden. The "Skatteverket" will ask you to fill a form saying that you will spend the majority of your time abroad from a specific date.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can help. Otherwise Ny webbadress | Skatteverket [NS4 version] is a good source for information.

Cheers!