PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 19:43
tonker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been here for nearly 5 years, and like any bunch of people who work together we moan about this that and the other. But most of us are still here.

The bases are great and there is a good variety. Blackpool, very much a flying club atmosphere as its a small but busy base. Edinburgh, not currently as busy with a nice bunch of people led by a popular base Captain and obviously next to one of the best cities in Europe. Manchester is getting busier and bigger with only the car parking a bit of a regular moan. Leeds, HQ and much busier. If you like the hustle and bustle etc and need to build hours, plus living next to some really nice countryside and towns then this is for you. Newcastle where i am based is a popular and friendly base. Again a great city next to some outstanding countryside.

As an F/O you will take home approx £2800, depending on the base and the hours you do. I average about 450-500 hours a year. At Leeds i guess nearer 700 hrs wouldn't be far wrong. I put in £250 per month into a pension scheme and the company matches it. There is a new loss of license scheme which can get you up to £1,000 per month for five years. If you go sausage side whilst in service, your folks inherit about £137,000 for the pleasure

Regardless of base there is one common theme and i bet it's the same at most airlines, the folks you work with by and large are your good friends and are there to do a good job for everyone.

Good luck anyway

Last edited by tonker; 18th Aug 2010 at 20:48.